Wednesday, August 8, 2012

View From My Window: Return of the Rain Clouds




So this is the view from my office window. Latest weather reports say that yesterday's rain clouds are coming back - and I was like "so what now, they're on overtime?" I'm a self-confessed slacker but knowing that the weather for the past few days has battered Metro Manila with heavy rains doesn't sit well with me at all. Gagamgirl told me last night on our way to work that the this week's weather brought about more rainfall than Ondoy did back in 2009. These photos were taken about half an hour ago - and luckily, there's a glimpse of sunlight as a write. 

I don't know what else to think but I have to agree that we, as a nation, have not learned from our mistakes. The last 72 hours' rainfall was not even caused by a typhoon... so what about the real deal?

1 comment:

  1. Hi there

    We really love your photographs of the views from your office window.

    I work with the British artist Gillian Wearing, we are inviting people from all over the world to contribute towards a film that features views. I wondered if i could send you some more information about the project? Please contact me at my email address gammagrrl@easynet.co.uk.

    best wishes
    Lisa James

    ReplyDelete