Wednesday, August 8, 2012

View From My Window: Return to Homebase


Here are some views from an office window to a passenger/commuter's way home. Gagamgirl was kind enough to let me ride with her. Passing by Sky Way, one can notice that the hint of sunlight that was there less than an hour ago, are fading.



It wasn't drizzling yet but it was a sure sign the sun won't be peeping in this morning. As we sped along this boon of a road we pondered how lucky we were to be on this place and time and how those Sky Way Patrol with radars got into their places (they might have been dropped off way early in the morning as the speeding cars could not have let them pass). 

My normal commute routine after being dropped off along the Alabang-Zapote road is to either ride a jeep or try my luck for passing buses. I decided to try the former since it was still cool and cloudy. I wanted to show what Las PiƱas morning traffic looks like but this was the only view that I captured from my vandalized jeepney window:


I usually don't do this (meaning taking my phone out taking pictures and all) but I'm kinda guilty of not having any original content for a while... so for the sake of doing something new, here we are. Of course, I just can't take pictures with a lot of people around (but perhaps I will soon) so here's another angle from a commuter's point of view:


The image doesn't clearly show it but the driver was eyeing me through his rear-view mirror. He could have thought "Ay, cheap! Hindi DSLR!" A gadget from Canon or Nikon would have been awesome but a 5MP camera phone ain't that bad. 

The sun was a no-show and true enough, the rain clouds went on overtime with drizzles just as I got off the colored stainless wonder. The BFRV village entrance used to be clean and orderly. I'm not saying that it's a mess but it has seen better days. The tricycle ride home wasn't that interesting but here's a memorable sight for me:


To all of you who frequent LP or BF Resort, you know this place. Seeing the "No Classes" signboards outside the school's largest gate brought back memories... the cool air, the smell of rain, the gray skies, that triumphant feeling knowing that this smirking little boy will spend the whole day either watching TV or pressing [R], Up, Up on his SNES controller to see Scorpion burn Liu Kang or Johnny Cage to ashes.


So after less than an hour of travelling, here I am with a view from my room window. The trimmed mango tree allowed a partial view of the sky. Clouds are starting to part and the hints of sunlight are back. [Selfish Mode: ON] I don't want the sun to break through those clouds. I've endured the summer months of canned heat and sleepless afternoons. Being a daysleeper has its disadvantages so please, please, please, don't mess up this sleepworthy weather. 








2 comments:

  1. Dude ima follow your blog k? You write awesome stuff here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks! :-) You're my first follower here hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete